Should you want to visit a library, historical society or memorial on you next vacation the following stops will bring you straight to some handwritten Laura Ingalls Wilder drafts. Which why wouldn’t you want to base a vacation around a handwritten draft? I’ve never been the sit in the sun and relax girl. Give me a museum any day!
The Laura Ingalls Wilder Memorial Association in Mansfield Missouri has:
- “Little House in the Big Woods”
- “Farmer Boy”
- “Little House on the Prairie”
- “On the Banks of Plum Creek”
- “By the Shore of Silver Lake”
The Detroit Public Library has a rare book room which has:
- “The Long Winter”
- “These Happy Golden Years”
The California Pomona library has:
- “Little Town on the Prairie
Miller, John E. Becoming Laura Ingalls Wilder: The Woman behind the Legend. Columbia: U of Missouri, 1998. Print.